Saturday, November 8, 2014

A New Start.

Things have changed.  Things have changed a lot.  I know that there are a million ways that I could begin to describe all of the changes, but I figure you, dear reader, will figure them out as we go.  I have been on hiatus from this short lived chronicle for some time.  To quote Achebe, Things Fall Apart.

As a new married man, I think quietly about my journey and how I landed where I currently am.  I suppose one could say that it all started as soon as I quit writing my tale.  All the time seemed to blend together and begin and end the same way every day.  I am happy.  That is not in doubt.  I have built relationships that sustain me and make me the person that I am now.  However, the things that I have learned, and the heartache that ensued has taken it's toll on me.  The answer now is to let it out.  I consider the level of honesty I want to endeavor.  As a gay man, I figure I have kept quiet enough.  Someone said once that we all see history differently.  I suppose if I saw the life that I lived through a different lens, I may have a different opinion on my life.  However if you will indulge me, I will just think about how I see it.  

At the time, I had moved to the beautiful town of Brownville Junction, Maine.  It quickly became my home.  I lived in a large, old farmhouse on a hill that stood between Rout 11 and the train tracks.  it had everything that I needed there; Quiet, save the occasional making and breaking of trains, solitude, and the seasons.  There is no smell like the fragrant nostalgia of the rotting, fallen leaves of autumn.  

Autumn is where life changed.  It was October of 2009....

No comments:

Post a Comment